All participants in the Cross Africa – Cycle for Bibles project do so voluntarily and at their own risk.
All participants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The participant acknowledges that it is solely his/her responsibility to ensure that he/she is in possession of the necessary equipment, and has made appropriate arrangements to meet the Cross Africa team at the pre-determined place for participation in any leg of the cycle journey and/or the Kili climb, and has made appropriate arrangements for return to their places of residence.
- The participant acknowledges that it is solely his/her responsibility to carry the cost of his/her participation, including arrangements as mentioned in 1 above, in any of the cycle legs and/or the Kili climb.
- The participant acknowledges that he/she is responsible for all costs relating to their participation in the Cross Africa project, including meals and accommodation unless otherwise specified.
- The participant acknowledges that it is solely his/her responsibility to ensure that he/she is in possession of travel documents that may be required in respect of any leg of the Cross Africa cycle journey and/or the Kili climb, as well as all health and other certificates that may be required from time to time.
- The participant acknowledges that it is solely his/her responsibility to ensure he/she has appropriate medical & repatriation insurance.
- In the case of the Cross Africa journey passing through or going to an area(s) where the participant may be exposed to danger the participant agrees to execute a waiver of rights against Cross Africa, its principals and others as an integral part of these terms. The participant (which shall be deemed to include the heirs, executors, administrators and assigns of the participant) does irrevocably waive and abandon all and whatsoever rights which the participant may have against Cross Africa in consequence of any act of omission or commission by Cross Africa or any other in consequence of the conclusion of the participation and the client undertaking the journey contemplated in the participation. In no way derogating from the foregoing, the participant hereby indemnifies, holds harmless and absolves Cross Africa, its principals or others, from all and whatsoever claims which may be tenable by the participant as aforesaid, irrespective of the nature thereof and however arising.
- The participant acknowledges that the itinerary specified may be varied, without notice to the participant, at the discretion of Cross Africa, provided the itinerary is not substantially different from the itinerary that the participant anticipated. Cost for the Kili climb may increase due to reduced numbers of participants (below 20 participants) and/or fluctuation of exchange rates.
- The participant agrees to abide by, and familiarize themselves with, the terms and conditions specified by the operator, Kili Top & Safaris, for the Kili climb.
- The participant acknowledges that it is solely his/her responsibility to ensure that he/she pays the 50% deposit to secure his/her spot on the Kili climb team, and the remaining 50% when required, to Kili Top & Safaris by the requisite date as specified by Kili Top & Safaris and notified by Cross Africa.
- The participant agrees that he/she will at all times comply with Cross Africa in regard to his/her conduct.
- When the participant is traveling with persons under his/her authority, he/she warrants that he/she is authorized to bind every member to the terms and conditions.
- The Cross Africa project will only consider permitting a minor to participate if said minor is accompanied by a parent/guardian who agrees to take full responsibility, in every respect, for the minor under his/her charge, and warrants that he/she is authorized to bind the minor to the terms and conditions.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that images of himself/herself or a minor under his/her authority, captured during his/her participation in the Cross Africa project, may be published in the media.
- The participant acknowledges that it is solely his/her responsibility to ensure that he/she is familiar with, and complies with the law of the various countries the Cross Africa project will be passing through.
- The participant acknowledges that he/she will accept responsibility for any and all consequences of contravention of the laws of the countries the Cross Africa project will be passing through, whether such contravention is perpetrated purposefully or not.
- These Terms and Conditions may be changed by Cross Africa without prior notice.